Technical regulation of the Eurasian Customs Union (TR CU) 022/2011 is a list of mandatory requirements to ensure safety of fruit and vegetable juice products used on the territory of the EACU member countries. It establishes the rules for the sale of this group of goods in the markets of the EACU member states in order to protect human health, protect the ecosystem and prevent consumers from being misled.
WHAT DOES TR CU 023/2011 COVER?
The technical regulation covers juice products obtained from fruits and vegetables by pressing or recovering from concentrates, as well as a number of processes associated with its production cycle.
The following processes are not covered: manufacturing, storage, movement and disposal of similar products made by citizens in the home and limited personal use. Product identification by name is carried out by assessing its physicochemical, organoleptic and other parameters indicated in the document.
EAC CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY
There are several options for confirming compliance with safety requirements for products covered by TR CU 023/2011:
- State registration for certain varieties (SGR)
- State control for production cycle processes
- EAC Declaration according to standard schemes of products launched into circulation within the CU, which is not covered by state registration
The EAC Declaration expires with the expiration of the shelf life of the goods, which is no more than 5 years in the case of serial production.
The key task of the technical regulation is to guarantee the maximum safety of goods circulated on the territory of the Customs Union. For the purpose of its implementation in the segment of products for children, it is prohibited to use:
- Fruits, vegetables, concentrated diffusion juice, ingredients and food additives containing genetically modified genetically engineered or transgenic organisms (GMOs)
- Sweeteners other than similar foods for diabetic children
- Non-natural flavours
- Colouring extracts
It is forbidden to add concentrated aromatic fruit or vegetable substances of natural origin to fresh juices.
The key requirements of the technical regulation also determine the standards of:
- Food and biologically active substances used for the fortification of juices, fruit and vegetable nectars and juice drinks
- Flavors permissible in the production of juices, fruit or vegetable purees, nectars, as well as in their concentrated counterparts
- Sugars in ready-made fruit drinks
The main provisions of the rules for consumer packaging related to special inscriptions and recommendations placed on it next to the name are:
- “With sweetener”
- “With honey”
- “With pulp”, if the volume of fruit or vegetable pulp is more than 8%
- For children under 1 year of age, recommendations on the use of the product, indicating the age range from 4 months
- “Baby food” indicating the age category, etc.