Any household appliances, as well as industrial equipment connected to the network with a voltage of 75-1000 V (DC) or 50-1000 V (AC) are subject to the requirements of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 004/2011 for a mandatory EAC Certification aimed to confirm the safety of its operation.
EAC certification and EAC declaration according to TR CU 004/2011
The package of mandatory documents for low-voltage equipment EAC Certification consists of technical documentation, which includes detailed descriptions and product characteristics.
If the EAC Certificate is issued for the company-manufacturer, it is necessary also to prepare the following:
- company registration documents, statistics codes, TIN, and etc.;
- EAC certificates confirming compliance of components and assemblies with current standards or technical regulations of low-voltage equipment;
- technical specifications or GOST for manufactured products;
- documents confirming the availability of spaces for production (for example, a lease agreement).
If you need to get a 004/2011 EAC Certificate of Conformity for a batch of low-voltage equipment, the following documents to process conformity assessment are provided:
- a set of official registration documents;
- POA contract to perform the function of a foreign manufacturer, or contracts for products delivery;
- products quality EAC certificates or declarations.
List of products subject to EAC Certification according to TR CU 004 /2011
Equipment subject to the requirements of Technical Regulation 004/2011 includes all the devices listed below that operate at the AC network of 50-1000 V and DC – 75-1000 V:
- cords, wires and other cable products;
- lighting equipment and lamps;
- cabinets and other controlling electrical installations equipment;
- sports equipment and facilities, gaming products;
- TV’s, receivers, video and audio equipment;
- computers and peripheral equipment;
- devices for personal hygiene;
- appliances for kitchen and used for storing and processing food;
- electric tools – both manual and portable;
- electrical equipment – energy metering devices, electrical installation products, extension cords, etc.;
- electrical equipment used for the distribution of electrical energy.
Cost and terms for registration of TR CU certificate 004/2011
With SERCONS you can count for the affordable cost of services, as well as on the prompt implementation of all necessary procedures.
|EAC Certificate of conformity TR CU 004||from 1200 Euro||from 14 days|
|EAC Declaration of conformity TR CU 004||from 700 Euro||no later than 5 days from the date of application’s receipt|
To order SERCONS services it is a must to provide us with preliminary information for the certified product – name, detailed description, and purpose. We issue TR CU 004/2011 EAC Certificates of compliance both for companies representing the Customs Union countries and for foreign manufacturers. You can choose one of the following EAC Certification schemes:
- for serial production (1C) – during the procedure, it is mandatory to check the production site areas. The document can be valid for up to 5 years;
- for a batch of low-voltage equipment (3C certificate). In this case, the validity period of the document is not set;
- without limit of time certificate 4C for single production unit.
Technical documentation for low-voltage equipment (LVE)
As mentioned above, the package of documents to obtain an EAC certificate must contain operational documentation, which includes the following information:
- product type, it’s model and brand, purpose information;
- technical specifications and detailed description of all declared functions;
- safety requirements for transportation, storage, and use of low-voltage equipment;
- installation information and connection of the product to the electrical network;
- list of common problems and ways to solve it;
- information of the manufacturer.
Technical documentation for machinery and equipment intended for everyday use is provided in paper and electronic form.
For non-household devices only electronic versions of manuals and instructions can be submitted.
Requirements for marking of low-voltage equipment GOST R
Low-voltage equipment must be marked in full compliance with applicable Eurasian Economic Union EAEU regulations and contain the following information:
- brand and model of the device, its name and type;
- technical characteristics of the device that have a direct impact on the safety of its operation;
- name of the manufacturing company, or trademark brand;
- country of manufacture of the low-voltage equipment.
All the above information is applied to the low-voltage equipment itself, as well as into the operating instructions and technical documentation. It must also be present on the packaging.
To get a free consultation on EAC Certification of TR CU 004/2011 please contact our OOO SERCONS specialists by following phone numbers. You can also order a call back, or fill out an online request.
Download the full text of TR CU 004/2011 “On safety of low voltage equipment”