Compliance of goods or equipment approved at the legislative level with fire-fighting standards is confirmed by a special document – Fire Safety Certificate.
All the necessary fire certification standards are clearly stated in the Law “Technical Regulations on Fire Safety Requirements (with amendments to July 3, 2016).” If, according to the technical regulations, it is not necessary to confirm the conformity of products or equipment, then the controlling body has the right to refuse to receive a fire certificate and draw up a refusal letter, which officially confirms that there is no need for product certification.
As for the products that are to be declared in one form or another, within the territory of the Russian Federation, it is possible to obtain confirmation of compliance with Federal fire protection standards, which are: Voluntary (not required); or mandatory (required compliance and the form of a mandatory fire certificate).
The reason it is worth ordering Fire Tests with us
The cost of fire certification services will be significantly less than our competitors. We have our own specialized laboratory, designed to conduct tests of various classes. The laboratory has all the necessary modern high-level equipment, and our staff are accredited specialists in the field of fire safety.
Prices and terms
The certification process can take from 5 days to 1 month. The deadline depends on the complexity of testing required for the certification and the number of required tests.
It is impossible to estimate completely for the entire cost of obtaining a certificate of fire safety. It consists of many factors. First, you need to choose a certification scheme, and determine the reason that the product is requiring certification. Additionally, one of the most expensive items is the actual testing itself. However due to our own laboratory trough SERCONS Russia, we can keep the prices reasonable for this procedure.
That is why many manufacturers that are our customers, even if the goods they produce are not subject to mandatory certification, prefer to voluntarily undergo all necessary tests and expertise. When the products already have an appropriate protocol, where all test results are prescribed, it is no longer necessary to repeat the procedure. Another item that may affect the final price of fire certification is the validity of the document itself (1-5 years), as well as the specifics of the process to issue the certiifcate.
Accreditation certificate as certification body and testing laboratory.
It is important to know that only accredited organizations that have all the relevant permits can deal with the issue of fire safety certificates, as well as confirm their compliance.
Is it compulsory to obtain a fire safety certificate for your product?
Obtaining a certificate is required if the product belongs to one of the groups in this list:
- appliance equipment
- Means that themselves provide fire safety
- Any materials or equipment used in the construction industry for the finishing of evacuation rooms and exits, for finishing railroad cars or for railway transport
- Electrical appliances or devices
- Materials used for construction
Obtaining a certificate of fire safety can, in some cases for some groups of goods, be necessary for further certification (GOST R standards or corresponding technical regulations).
List of documents required for issuing a certificate of fire safety
In the case of serial production of goods:
- Questionnaire filled out in full
- Sample of product – for carrying out of corresponding tests
- Existing catalog of products or description of the goods
- State Registration documents of the manufacturer and the applicant
- Manuals for the tested products
If you need to get a certificate only for a single delivery of goods:
- Copy of the contract for which these goods are received
- One of the goods as a test sample
- Manual for the goods (description)
- State Registration documents of the manufacturer. It can also be data of the representative of the supplier
For foreign and domestic companies, the composition of the full package of documents that need to be submitted for obtaining a certificate of fire safety will be significantly different. All the details you can find out by contacting your manager at SERCONS.
The order of fire certification
According to the Technical Regulations, certification takes place in this order:
- Submission of the application to the relevant body and the documents required for it
- Selection and identification of items requiring certification of products
- Required tests to identify and determine the level of toxic substances during the combustion process, the degree of flammability, and the definition of the flammability group
- If necessary – site inspection/audit
- The registration of all protocols provided by the procedure
- Issuance of SSPB
- If necessary – control of the approved group of goods