Technical regulation of the Eurasian Customs Union (TR CU) 021/2011 is a list of mandatory requirements to ensure safety of food used on the territory of EACU member states. Its main goal is to protect people and the environment in every specialized enterprise operating in the territory of the EACU member states.
WHAT DOES TR CU 021/2011 COVER?
The regulation covers food products and each process of their production cycle: from manufacturing to disposal.
TR CU 021/2011 DOES NOT COVER FOOD PRODUCED:
- At home
- In personal subsidiary plots or orchards
- Manufacturing processes limited to personal consumption
- Crops and animals raised in their natural environment
EAC DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
There several forms of the conformity assessment of the technical regulation for food products:
- EAC Declaration
- State registration of special food products (sports, children’s, dietary) – SGR
- State registration for new varieties of products
- Veterinary and sanitary examination
Confirmation of Compliance of each process of the production cycle with the requirements of TR CU 021 is carried out in the form of state supervision.
EAC Declaration of food products covered by the technical regulations is carried out according to standard schemes – 1d, 2d and 3d, which are independently selected by the applicant.
Any scheme involves a step-by-step procedure:
- Collection and analysis of documentation
- Drawing up and registering an EAC declaration
- Marking with a single mark of product circulation on the EACU markets
Schemes 1d and 3d require production control which is provided by the applicant. He also prepares the evidence base confirming compliance with the requirements of TR CU 021/2011 and containing the recorded test results.
APPLICATION OF STANDARDS
Compliance with safety requirements is provided by a list of standards, which contains GOST regulations with technical conditions, rules for the selection of test samples and methods for testing products covered by the technical regulations. The most significant of them determine the system of quality indicators and the uniformity of measurements for various types of food products:
- GOST 4.29-71 – for canned meat and vegetable and meat products
- GOST 15.015-90 – for new varieties of bread
- GOST 8.579-2002 – for packaged goods
Food products that have successfully confirmed their compliance with the requirements of the technical regulation TR CU 021/2011 are marked with a single sign of product circulation on the market of the EACU member countries.
If food products are supplied without packaging, the marking is applied to the shipping documentation, except for other cases indicated for its individual types by technical regulation.