TR CU 032/2013 for equipment under excessive pressure came into force in February 2014. The very first edition is still being used. However, amendments have already been made to the text of the technical regulation. These amendments will come into force in November, 2021 however now there is an opportunity to assess how the second edition of the text will differ from the first.
List of the main changes:
1) Corrected the wording in the chapter “Scope”.
For example, “maximum allowable working pressure” is replaced by “design pressure”, and “for gases, liquefied gases dissolved under pressure, and vapors” – by “for compressed, liquefied, gases and vapors dissolved under pressure”. A separate item “l” about fittings has been excluded. Now it is mentioned after the pipelines.
2) The list of products to which TR CU 032/2013 does not apply has been expanded. 4 items have been added.
3) Changes have been made to the basic concepts that are used in the technical regulations.
In particular, the definitions of fittings and piping were added, the definition of working media group 1 was corrected, the definition of the concept of “equipment identification” was changed, the definition of a vessel with flaming heating was added, the concept of “manufacturer” was excluded.
4) The wording regarding the conformity confirmation forms has been supplemented.
So, not only equipment of the 1st and 2nd categories will be subject to declaration, but also its elements, as well as equipment that is manufactured or manufactured at the site of future operation. Items of equipment of the 3rd and 4th categories will be subject to certification.
5) Quite a lot of additions have been made to the section on equipment safety requirements during its development and production.
In particular, there was a requirement to identify and take into account hazardous factors in the development of equipment and its elements. An acceptable level of risk must be ensured by means of a strength calculation. Added a list of documents that justify the safety of equipment, and removed the requirement to prepare a safety justification.
6) Some changes have been made to the classification of equipment by hazard categories. For example, if the equipment is intended for different working environments, then for each working environment it is assigned the largest of the categories defined for it.