The amendments to the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 007/2011 «On the safety of products intended for children and teenagers» will come into force on March 26, 2023.
The amendments were published by the ECC Board’s Decision No.147.
The Board has endorsed the following updates:
- The list of TR CU 007 products now includes disposable sanitary-hygienic products;
- The terminology of the regulations has changed;
- Several clarifications have taken place concerning the norms for second layer clothing;
- Biological safety requirements have been updated for toothbrushes, teether toys, and other oral hygiene products;
- The biochemical safety requirements have been expanded for textile garments.
Suppliers intending to sell children’s products in the EAEU need to take the upcoming changes into account.