The certificate of state registration of products (SGR) is an official document of a single established sample of the countries of the Customs Union. This is an important document confirming the compliance of products with the norms of the Customs Union in the field of hygiene and sanitary-epidemiological requirements. The certificate of state registration of products is issued, both for Russian companies and other residents of the CU, as well as for foreign companies.
The SGR essentially replaced the procedure for sanitary and epidemiological expertise, which was carried out until 2010. In connection with the termination of the issuance of sanitary and epidemiological conclusions with the entry into force on 01.07.2010 of the Agreement of the Customs Union on Sanitary Measures. A new document confirming the compliance of products with sanitary and epidemiological standards was the certificate of state registration of the customs union (SGR), which is valid on the territory of the Customs Union (Kazakhstan, Belarus and Russia, from October 10 2014 – Armenia, and from May 1, 2015 – Kyrgyzstan.)
Registration of the certificate of state registration of the Customs Union
State registration of products to obtain this certificate is an obligatory condition and the only way to officially register the manufactured goods for sale on the territory of the CU. Registration of the certificate requires comprehensive and detailed verification of the conformity of products to the declared requirements of the legislation of the countries of the Customs Union on hygiene and sanitary standards. Therefore, the issue of obtaining a certificate of state registration of products (SGR) requires time and special attention. Specialists of our certification body “SERCONS” will carry out all necessary measures for our customers to obtain a certificate.
The applicant for the SGR may be:
- when registering goods produced in the territory of the Customs Union – the manufacturer (producer) of the goods;
- when registering goods produced outside the territory of the Customs Union – the manufacturer (producer) or importer (supplier) of the goods
The applicant can apply to RusPotrebnadzor himself or use the services of an accredited Certification Body. The period for issuing the certificate cannot exceed 30 days from the date of application by the applicant.
The order of registration includes the following stages:
- reception and registration of the application;
- examination of the submitted package of documents and the results of laboratory tests of the registered goods for compliance with uniform sanitary requirements;
- coordination of the necessary data with the legislation of the Member Country (the member of the customs union), where registration is conducted;
- entering the information about the registered goods into the Register of State Registration Certificates;
- registration and issuance of a certificate.
A single form of regulations and rules of registration can be found on the website of RusPotrebnadzor or on our website (Unified forms of documents confirming the safety of products (goods)).
In addition to the application for obtaining a certificate, the Customer must provide the required package of documents. Documents in a foreign language must be provided without fail with a notarized translation and be apostilled.
- Documents required for registration of certificates for controlled goods manufactured outside the customs territory of the customs union for the purpose of issuing a document confirming the safety of products (goods) (download the document);
- Documents required for registration of certificates for controlled goods manufactured in the customs territory of the customs union for the purpose of issuing a document confirming the safety of products (goods) (download the document).
The cost of registtering of certificates and declarations is quoted individually by one of our managers. We draw your attention to the fact that the Russian legislation provides for a state duty for the design of the SGR for the CU.
The following products are subject to state registration in the territory of the customs union:
- Mineral water, bottled drinking water, tonic drinks, alcoholic beverages;
- Specialized food products, including baby food, dietary foods, for athletes;
- Food supplements, raw materials for the production of dietary supplements, organic products.
- Food products obtained using genetically engineered organisms.
- Cosmetics; Products for oral hygiene; Disinfectants, disinsection and deratization tools.
- Household chemical goods.
- Personal hygiene items for children and adults.
- Products intended for contact with food (except dishes, cutlery, technological equipment) and others.
The full list can be found on the website of the Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Welfare: www.rospotrebnadzor.ru, or on our website in the Unified list of goods subject to sanitary and epidemiological supervision (control) at the customs border and customs territory of the customs union.