Technical regulation of the Eurasian Customs Union (TR CU) 017/2011 is a series of regulations to ensure the safety of light industry products which are launched in the territories of Russia and the EAEU member states. It aims to protect people, the environment and consumers of products from being misled.
MANDATORY EAC CERTIFICATION OR DECLARATION OF PRODUCTS ACCORDING TO TR CU 017/2011
The technical regulation covers the following new light industry products:
- Clothing and knitted products including clothes
- Machine-made carpets
- Textile and leather haberdashery
- Non-woven materials (felt, vatine)
- Shoe production
- Fur and fur products
- Leather and leather products
- Artificial leather
Technical regulation TR CU 017/2011 does not cover the following products:
- Second hand
- Individual manufacture
- Medical use
- Protective clothing (PPE) and materials used in its manufacture
- Children’s and teen’s wear
- Fabric and textile packaging
- Products of technical materials
- Handicrafts and souvenirs
- Sportswear for training and competitions
- Production of tappers (wigs and other hair products)
All those who intend to produce and sell products covered by TR CU 017/2011 will have to pass the EAC certification or declaration conformity assessment.
THE CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY
The certificate of conformity is drawn up for the first layer clothes and clothing products with complete and prolonged contact with the skin such as bedding and undergarments, bathing, corset and first-layer stockings in accordance with the standard schemes:
- 1c – serial up to 3 years validity (on-site inspection required)
- 3c – one time delivery valid up to 5 years
THE DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
vThe declaration of conformity is for the second and third layer clothes and clothing products with partial or very limited contact with the skin such as knitted and linen fabrics, footwear, headgear, fur and leather products in accordance with:
- 3d, 6d – serial up to 5 years validity
- 4d – one time valid up to 3 years
Lack of supporting documents, false information, mislabeling and other violations will result in producers and suppliers impossibility of free entering in Customs Union markets and will result in penalties. Their amount can reach up to 1 million rubles in some cases.
Since last September amendments have been in force to simplify the application of the technical regulation TR CU 017/2011:
- Scheme 1d or 2d can be chosen by an applicant
- Proof of conformity based on the test protocols of the materials and components from which it is made
- Series documentation valid up to 5 years, batches – validity indefinite
- EAC Declaration instead of EAC Certification of kitchen linens, handkerchiefs, towels and bath sheets
Necessity of hygroscope of kitchen linens and air permeability of blankets and pillows testing has been cancelled.
EAC unique trademark (conformity marking) must be shown on all the light industry products which meet the requirements of the Technical regulation TR CU 017/2011 in EACU. EAC mark must be visible and readable and can be either on the product itself, packaging, label or appear in product documents.